Saturday, May 8, 2010

Basketball

We had Kaitlin's basketball invitational tournament today. The girls Varsity team had basketball going on, while the boys JV and Varsity soccer had games outside. Quite a lot of fun. Kaitlin's games started around 8:00. There were 3 games, with about a 20-30 minute break between, and then on to elimination for the final game. They won the first game, lost the second by one point in the last 10 seconds, lost the third game by four.


Kaitlin played almost the entire time.....maybe sitting out 3-5 minutes per game. Needless to say she is exhausted. However, she did great on her rebounding and putting in some shots. She made more than half the points in the first game!!! Great job Bubbs!


They lost the first round elimination game by 5 points. The last game was played on the outside court and the girls just had this glazed look in their eyes as they pushed it for all that they could to finish in the heat and humidity. Kevin and I were texting about the games, as they went on (I am the slowest texter in the history of the world), so that he could feel a part of the action while he is flying home from a long trip today.


I ran home between the 2nd and third games and got the girls to come and cheer on the team. Kambrielle watched a while and then ran out to play on the playground and blow bubbles while Kari immersed herself in a book (she looked up enough times to get furious with the other agressive team!) and Kayli was my water/gatorade/flavored water runner to buy things in the cafeteria while I yelled and cheered my head off (I was a cheerleader, you know. Don't worry, I didn't bring my pompoms or anything...... this time.)


Great job Kaitlin. CAISSA is coming up at the end of the month. This is a competition where other international schools come in. We will be hosting two girls in our home during that time. Should be a lot of fun!!!


With love,
Kim

3 comments:

just a random genius said...

Wow, cool! Good for Kaitlin! I'm always impressed by others' athletic skills, since I have none. Since you're the cheerleader, what kinds of things do you yell at the team? Do you yell in Spanish? Just curious, since I was trying to picture the whole scene in my head. Sounds like you had a blast!

Unknown said...

It's fun to follow your adventures! Your whale trip shows scenes of rice fields and small palm-covered islands, reminding me of the Philippines.

grandma w. said...

Wow, go Kaitlin!!! That must have really hard to play in all the heat and to play so many games in one day. What were they thinking?!!!

Great descriptions, Kim. It is really nice to be able to hear about your adventures and the things everyone is doing. Thank you for posting about it. I luv u and miss you all!! Love, Grandma W