Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Fasting funny

Kambrielle began to fast when she turned eight in July. It is a huge struggle for her every month and she is trying to get through it.

This last Sunday she began way too tired....having teen-age sisters doesn't do much for her bed time. We just forget that she is only eight and let her stay up with us. And then we pay the price the next day.

So, Kami was ultra-tired and then went to primary and the substitute teachers brought everyone in class cookies if they were good. All the other kids ate theirs immediately and Kami held on to hers. So, here she is staring at these delicious cookies and knowing that she has to wait and wanting to wait, but wanting to eat them too! (Know the feeling?)

She started whining and whining and whining and........ Finally we had all had it! Kevin told her to find something to keep her mind off it and she cried "I did! I was practicing my Spanish on Rosetta Stone and it started a new lesson! It had me saying 'Ella come. El come. Ella bebe. El bebe' I can't stand it!!!!"

I burst out laughing......translated those mean; "She eats. He eats. She drinks. He drinks."

She just couldn't win.
~Kim

3 comments:

Alyson said...

HAHAHA! That is classic! Poor girl!

Jenn said...

Kami cracks me up! I think I would have cracked up too. :D actually i cracked up just reading it too . . . lol

grandma w. said...

I'm with Kani. Sometimes it is hard to fast! I love you Kami!!!