Thursday, July 30, 2009

An Amazing Experience



Today I had an amazing experience! It was truly fabulous and life changing. "What was it", you ask breathlessly.......... swimming with dolphins, a pedicure on the beach with the wind blowing my hair, watching the whales swim off the side of my boat while we race thru the water? No, none of those.

This was better.
Today I had a maid clean my house. Not just any maid, but a real maid. One that I didn't have to explain anything to. One that scrubbed down my walls, cleaned out the fridges, made the glass shower stalls look like glass again..... I could go on and on. If this blog were auditory, you would be hearing the Hallelujah chorus right now.

No, I didn't sit on the couch eating bon bons while she worked. I was sorting through the piles of papers that are sitting on my kitchen counter, my desk and my dresser. Maybe some day I will be able to have a place for everything and everything in its place, but for now I am just so excited that the toilets are clean and you can see the top of the dryer.
When I found out that we were moving here lots of people asked me if I would get a maid. "Of course not," I scoffed. I was a modern American woman who could do everything. Well, I have fallen off my high horse. I can't do everything. And so, I am very grateful for a humble, hard working woman named Morena who is willing to help me and for so little pay.
And the best part........ she comes again next week!
-Kim
PS: Kierstin comes in a few days...... then there will be posts with actual pictures from my camera, as she will be helping her technology impaired mom with her blogging skills!

4 comments:

grandma w. said...

My vote is to enjoy every minute of it!! Who would object to having help to make it thru life!!! I'll take all of the physical help I can get!!! Yay for you, Kim!!!!

Jenn said...

A maid sounds wonderful. :)

MelRol said...

Hooray for you Kim! I am soooo jealous! That is one of my my dreams in life, to have someone help me with my housework!

April Bostian said...

You must have a REALLY nice friend to share her awesome maid, huh???