Saturday, November 13, 2010

Still laughing.....maybe.

Still trying to keep up with the attitude of laughing at what life throws at you.

Woke up last night with the bed shaking and the door slamming ......yep, earthquake (5.6). I kept shaking Kevin, it felt like forever but was only a few seconds, trying to wake him up saying "Kevin, earthquake!!! EARTHQUAKE!!!!" He says "Yeah, I feel it", then turns over and goes back to sleep!

I got up, checked on the girls, checked the house and then went to bed and worried about Kaitlin and Kari. They are at a Stake overnight campout for seminary students. There was no information here about the earthquake, so I had no idea where it was centered (93 miles SW of Santo Domingo, in the ocean) and didn't know if it had affected the girls more or what.

This morning, when Kayli checked Facebook, she saw that there had been an earthquake (her friends talking about it) and came running to tell me. I informed her and Kami that I knew, that they had slept right through it and that all was fine. Their only real experience with an earthquake is with what happened in Haiti and here in February. Kami was, understandably, concerned.

All is well, and it was just a small earthquake. Hopefully, I WON'T get used to them!

-Kim

3 comments:

Me again said...

Kim, we're sure glad that your family is ok!!!

Jen B said...

Scary! I think it's interesting you are the only one who woke up! Kevin's response reminded me to much of Curtis !;)

Jenn said...

Kim, Tobie was looking up current events (for a paper) on the internet the other day and mentioned to me that there was an earthquake in the DR. I have to admit that I didn't believe her because I figured if there was an earthquake there it seems there would be a lot of damage. Glad to know everything is okay. :) Be safe!